AVIC411.com

Bluetooth and by pass problems?

What kind of help do you need?

The bluetooth bypass is usually due to either using the stock code and it's not what you think... or if it doesn't work and you programmed the code, then try pairing the phone starting with the Z1 or the phone. You can do it either way, usually one of those will work.

i tried to re-set the passcode for the blue tooth and that did not work i have tried to pare the device starting from the Z1 and from the Phone it-self i also called pioneer and they said verison phones tend to have problems with it....... the guy at the install place said i need to upgrade some stuff on my hard drive (i have no clue what to update) i just got my navtraffic to work and the other thing that i need is my dvd to be bypassed while my vehical is in motion. i know my unit was made in may of 06 so i think that i have to do the older bypass but im not sure.... this is my first Z1. i am used to messing with the D1 and D2.

i tried to re-set the passcode for the blue tooth and that did not work i have tried to pare the device starting from the Z1 and from the Phone it-self i also called pioneer and they said verison phones tend to have problems with it.......

That's bull. The only thing Verizon phones have issues with is transferring contact lists, not pairing.

What kind of phone do you have? Smart Phones (treo's, etc) generally have more problems than LG's which generally have more problems than Motorolas.

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, but when you pair the phone from either way it finds the other item and asks for a pass code but it won't take it?

the guy at the install place said i need to upgrade some stuff on my hard drive (i have no clue what to update)

There are updates... a phone update and a CDDB update.

i just got my navtraffic to work and the other thing that i need is my dvd to be bypassed while my vehical is in motion. i know my unit was made in may of 06 so i think that i have to do the older bypass but im not sure.... this is my first Z1. i am used to messing with the D1 and D2.

The bypass is to flash your headlights (or you can buy a circuit to do it for you)... until you update it with a disk from Pioneer then it's 2 wire ground (07/06 bypass if it's been updated). And if you plan on using the bluetooth you will want to update it.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

i Have An LG phone... i tried the update disk this morning.... the z1 could not read the format of the disk......when you said "update it with a disk from Pioneer" does that mean that pioneer has a disk that they sell or is that the same as the down load. At this point i am really wishing that i installed it my self. becasue i have no clue how the installers hooked up the wires with the illim. wire and others

thanks for your help!

i Have An LG phone...

Those are generally ok, but if you had posted a model maybe someone would say they have the same one or whatever. I only use Motorola phones myself.

i tried the update disk this morning.... the z1 could not read the format of the disk......

Burn problem?

when you said "update it with a disk from Pioneer" does that mean that pioneer has a disk that they sell or is that the same as the down load.

Yes, I believe that if you get the right person on the phone they will send you one.

At this point i am really wishing that i installed it my self. becasue i have no clue how the installers hooked up the wires with the illim. wire and others

thanks for your help!

Yah, that's a problem for them to do things for you. But why do you care? does it work? When you turn on the lights, does it dim? If so if you follow the directions on the link I posted, you can unlock it manually by flashing the lights. If you plan on updating the Z1 with the CD then you don't need the ILL wire anyway, just ground and an extra wire for connector 2.