AVIC411.com

I damanged my original Z3 and bought a used unit from a firend of mine. I had my original unit updated with latest maps and also contains my phone book. Can I switch my HDD to the new unit or will I run into issues with the unit.

This will only work if your original drive has been unlocked by yourself or someone else during the upgrade process. By deafault, each drive is locked to the unit it was installed. If the drive is unlocked, then it will boot up and work fine. Be sure to clear all 3D calibration statistics as well, or the GPS tracking will not work properly.

I bought mine brand new and never had the HDD unlocked. What is required for me to unlock the HDD. If it is already on the forum pls direct me to the proper link. Thanks for your help Garrettoomey..

Cobracars

This will only work if your original drive has been unlocked by yourself or someone else during the upgrade process. By deafault, each drive is locked to the unit it was installed. If the drive is unlocked, then it will boot up and work fine. Be sure to clear all 3D calibration statistics as well, or the GPS tracking will not work properly.