AVIC411.com

I was wondering about this too. Have only had the 930 for a couple months, never asked for a password before. Hit by a drunk, totaled old truck, swapped the 930 into my new truck, suddenly it's asking for entry code.

If this had been set prior, would it have asked for the password every time I powered up, or just when it had been disconnected from the battery? I had been using it for a month or two with no issues, now it won't let me in. Could a password have been inadvertently set by my dealer when the shop installed the unit to the new truck? Could it have been set from the beginning, but isn't asked for until a disconnect is detected?

I still need to get in touch with some other people who've used the truck to see if any of them had anything to do with the lockout, otherwise, I guess it's back to stock.

Thanks for any help or insight you guys may have.

I took mine to a stereo shop they had to fix my GPS. Anyway, when the powered it up it asked for a password and they couldn't unlock it they ended up replacing it with a new one. I never set a password nor did I know it even had that option.

• 4 months later...

been looking for this glad i found it now i don't have to ask oh wait to late already asked but no answer lol

but ok cool to know i was wondering why i never had to put a password in after i set it and removed the face plate so it does not ask for a PW untill the power to the system has been disconnected and then reconnected

i know i shouldn;'t ask this because ill be told to look in the owners manual but i did not see anything in it about deleting the password is it possible to delete the password so you don't need a password ever ?

also does it give you a number of tries before it tells you that your system is going to be bricked by failing to enter the right password after a number of tries ?