AVIC411.com

Absolute Newbie Question about updating firmware

Excuse my ignorance in asking this newbie question but I have spent the last 3 hours reading and researching all over the forum and can't find the answer.

Why are people upgrading illegally to version 3.0 when there is an update available on the pioneer website?

I'm in the UK and this is what we have available http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/AVIC-F900BT/index.html#download_244

It looks as though i will have to update one update at a time to get to the newest version 4.0 is this correct?

This is what my unit is currently displaying :

IMAG0119.jpg

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/mercmanricky/CLK%20ICE/

@ v12 You are running a very old firmware the latest is 4.000100. This is not a free upgrade. I actually just upgraded mine from 3.0 to 4.0.

Here is the info I think you are looking for-

The latest free upgrade is avaiable at the link you posted the 2.00900 this is the latest upgrade and is free (the entire 2.0 version is free and 2.00900 is the latest version of the 2.X series.

Version 3.0 and 4.0 upgrades are not free. The reason they are not free is because both the v3 and v4 include map updates from a third party called Tel Atlis since these are not free to Pioneer they pass that cost on. These updates also include firmware updates and minor product enhancements just like the V2 software does. Version 4 is the on the SD cards in part number CNSD-200FM. Its a kit with 2 sd cards one with V3 and one with v4 and a bluetooth update.

New to this also but donea lot of modding / hacking with tomtom units etc. But could he not upgrade his firmware to version 2.09, then 3.0, then 4.0 (Firmware updates only) or straight to 4.0 if it lets him.

Then delete the old maps and replace with new versions which can be found here and there..... adding the patched ezrider and licences etc?

Therefore ending up with the offical firmware and whatever map packs he decides, probably TA2010Q2

Si