AVIC411.com

Speed Limit Signs

does anyone know how to get them back on the screen for the nav. i download the FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image. I love the way it changed the nav secion. but i miss the speed limit signs. i dont even have the option to display speed limit signs. if anyone knows how to get them back it will be greatly appreciated. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know how to get them back on the screen for the nav. i download the FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image. I love the way it changed the nav secion. but i miss the speed limit signs. i dont even have the option to display speed limit signs. if anyone knows how to get them back it will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Don't know about the FX, but in the original FW you can do it this way:

It's pretty simple - just add the follwing lines to the file "navigatemap_800_480" which you will find in the DATA.ZIP:

To be precise - I put it in the following section: <layer ui_NavigateMapButtons z=3000>

<SPRITE sprSL x=563 y=320 z=13 bmp="$speed_xl.bmp" visiblemodel="!ui.vFullScreenCockpit" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

<TEXT txtSL x=584 y=341 w=75 h=60 z=101 L2R=1 align="CENTER" text="0" FONTTYPE=font_speedlimit_below font="tahomabd" fontsize=48 color=0 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text" visiblemodel="!ui.vFullScreenCockpit" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

<SPRITE xxx x=554 y=435 z=12 bmp="foot_3_1a.bmp"visiblemodel="!ui.vFullScreenCockpit" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

<sprite xxx x=558 y=440 z=12 bmp="746_32k_OM-062_32b.bmp" visiblemodel="!ui.vFullScreenCockpit" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=603 y=442 z=12 w=75 font="tahoma" align="right" valign="left" glowsize=1 fontsize=18 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.full_text" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0 visiblemodel="!ui.vFullScreenCockpit">

The bitmap "speed_xl.bmp" doesn't exist in the original DATA.ZIP. I just took the "speed_xl.bmp" from the commons dictionary and resized it by 150%.

Works fine - and since it's big, I don't have to "search" on the screen anymore - it's just there.

Bye,

Boby