AVIC411.com

Head unit Z110BT not going to "sleep".

Hi, I have the Pioneer Z110BT head unit and I am finding that it does not goto sleep. With the engine and ignition off, the head unit makes a clicking noise every few minutes and it goes on for hours. I now disconnect the battery (Optima red top) every time I park the car to avoid the battery being drained.

Any idea what this is or how to run it off? Thank you.

So this is an issue which may have to do with the install, that makes me feel a little better.

You didn't say whether you paid an installer or DIY. I certainly hope you didn't pay much with all the problems your had (this plus Parking Brake/bypass).

It certainly sounds like the red power feed (+12VDC switched) is not connected to a circuit that switches off when the car is not running or ACC is not on. The best place to find that circuit varies from car to car. Some cars might have both constand and switched power in the factory radio harness. Mine didn't - just the constant +12VDC. I ran my red wire to my fuse panel and tied it into a switched circuit with an "Add-a-Circuit" adapter available at any auto store. Looks like this: add-a-circuit (It might be called something different at the store). Yours may just be spliced into some non-switched +12VDC circuit, or just chose the wrong fuse to tap into with an "Add-a-circuit".