AVIC411.com

Newest Pionner update - cnsd-200fm?

I'm about to finally cough up the £120 for an official pioneer update card to get the latest version 4.0.

Question i have is basically, how old is this update? Will pioneer shortly be releasing another update? (i can wait if there is one in the pipeline-soonish)

I've e-mailed pioneer but they haven't responded to an e-mail sent over a week ago.

Any pointers?

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, just got a reply from the best caraudio dealers in the UK :

"Hi Ricky

I called Pioneer UK this morning and can confirm that CNSD-300FM is due for stock release on Friday 15th July in the UK. Price will remain as quoted and orders can be taken for delivery week beginning Monday 18th July.

Please call us on 01491825700 if you wish to order this item.

Regards

Colin

Sales Dept

Car Audio Direct"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For those in Canada (and maybe this'll apply to the US as well), according to Pioneer Canada customer support today (when I asked via email about 2011 maps):

" Good Day

The New map should be available for purchase by the end of the month."

I asked this question to the support folks at Pioneer U.S. and here's what I got:

Michael,

Pioneer will not be releasing the CNSD-300FM. The most current one we have is CNSD-200FM.

Thank you,

Stephanie

Parts Sales Representative

Soooo...does that mean we're not getting any more map updates? I'm still running on the original version, and I'm not sure if it's worth $120 for two year old maps on the 200FM update.

• 3 weeks later...