AVIC411.com

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine installed. Seems to work ok. I didn't play with it a bunch but I like it so far. I was able to play Pandora in the background even with MotionX running. iPod control is clunky. After running an app, to select another from the radio you have to select appradio on the phone again. Some oddities but good things too. I will give more details later.

Replacement installed... all seems good for now (played it for like 20 mins or so)..

Had a few people PM me asking about "other audio"... and yes, it'll play other stuff just like the older Pioneer units would... play the iPod app, go to the phone and go to the other (like I went to MLB At Bat) and the audio will play through instead (although the radio will still show the iPod interface/song-that-was-playing

How's everyone feeling about their AppRadio now that it's been more than a week? I'm still sitting on the fence, but I find myself constantly playing with it at Best Buy despite all the issues. Apps crash on me often, but I'm going to attribute that to me running iOS 5 Beta2. I'll probably revert back to 4.3 and go back and mess around more.

There's SO MUCH POTENTIAL to write cool car apps, especially seeing how well Rdio did their interface that outputs to AppRadio.

I hope the Mimics guys find a way to port their touch hack over to this hardware.

Just FYI, if you nave Navigon's GPS app for the iPhone, it will display out onto AppRadio. There is no touch functionality on the Pioneer Unit, but it will display the map and output audio prompts.

yup. and if you want it to look even better (centered on the screen and the ability to stretch to the pioneer's screen), use display out from cydia.

How's everyone feeling about their AppRadio now that it's been more than a week? I'm still sitting on the fence, but I find myself constantly playing with it at Best Buy despite all the issues. Apps crash on me often, but I'm going to attribute that to me running iOS 5 Beta2. I'll probably revert back to 4.3 and go back and mess around more.

There's SO MUCH POTENTIAL to write cool car apps, especially seeing how well Rdio did their interface that outputs to AppRadio.

I hope the Mimics guys find a way to port their touch hack over to this hardware.

I love mine. I got it the day it came out and haven't had an issue with it yet. Everything works great. I just wish Navigon or CoPilot live had compatible apps. I already emailed them and requested it. We'll see what other developers jump onboard as time progresses.

I like it but I use it mostly for pandora. It has issues but manageable and worth the trouble.

I use it mostly for Rdio and Pandora myself. I don't buy CD's anymore. The INRIX traffic is awesome if you know where you are going but just want traffic info. I really like this head unit. I have it hooked up to a Crunch

Audio amp and it sounds great.

yup. and if you want it to look even better (centered on the screen and the ability to stretch to the pioneer's screen), use display out from cydia.

I tried using display out from cydia with Navigon and it still wouldn't display centered on the screen no matter what settings I used as far as stretching the image. How did yo get it to work?