AVIC411.com

My AVIC Z130BT Died on me

Well on Sunday my subwoofer stopped working, after checking the connections, settings, and even changing the interconnect cable, I still got nothing. Then on Monday I drove home for lunch HU was working fine accept for the subwoofer, then on way back to work nothing worked. After pulling the HU out and speaking to Pioneer extensively, we determined that the unit had froze up and died. I tested all connections, verified power and fuses, yet nothing would appear on the screen and you could not hear the unit start up, the only thing that worked was the remote power lead still turned on my amplifier. I checked the wires with a multimeter on the backside of the unit before the fuse and everything was great, fuse was fine, so I guess I just have a bad unit. I have had a Avic Z110Bt in here for a about 2 years and no problems. Anyway I am baffled, boxed the unit up and send it back to the dealer under warranty, they say they will bench test it, whatever that means. I just hope they verify what I have already done and get a new one out to me ASAP. There is no benefit to me to return as the dealer kind of indicated, I had an invisashield on it that will be lost, a shipping charge and no radio for who knows how long. Does anybody have any idea what might have happened or insight to whether this is a know issue? Pioneer told me this is rare and I believe them, just curious. I just hope the dealer doesn't try to play games and just gets a new one to me soon. You really do miss it once it is gone, even if the radio presets suck. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 2 weeks online car stereo and then Pioneer have agreed that yes my unit is dead and they are replacing it. Crazy that it takes them so long, the hole in my dash is growing on me. Now if I could get a tracking number confirming the new one has shipped.