AVIC411.com

x930bt rearview camera source

Hey,

I have rigged my rear view camera to be able to see it any time I would like. I have the AV cable to the head unit rear view camera in. I have the power cable to the red swicthed power on the head unit. The ground to the metal. And I have the rear camera sensor from the head unit to the backup light cable.

I can see the camera when in reverse and in the rear view navigation mode.

The problem is I can't see it in the AV source menu, but I have seen on these forums that I should be able to. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

how do you have the video cable of the camera going into the camera and AV inputs? splitter?

Sorry I didn't mean that. I have the video cable from the camera unit going to the rear view camera in of the head unit. But I assume I could do that if it isn't possible to choose the rear view camera from the AV source menu.

Any one have any ideas? Or is not possible to choose rear view camera from the AV source menu.

some models have "rear view" as a source option

for instance, on my f900, in the source selection screen, there is an option at the top of the screen called "rear view" this pulls up the camera as an input.

Thats what I had thought, when I was reading how to wire up the cam to always be on, the instructions mentioned that I could choose the rear view camera as a source in the AV menu. This doesn't seem to be possible on the AVIC x930bt. What I am going to do is just run a splitter from the rear cam feed into the rear cam input and the video 1 input.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same unit and I hooked my camera cable up to the video in from the back of the deck, and then in the settings menus you choose av2 as a source and it'll pop up with a button on your media display and just push that when you back up and you get full screen camera till you turn it off.

so you have to manually select the camera every time you want to use it? i hope not, kinda takes all the convince right out of things. a better solution would be to hook it up correctly as directed, then run a switch and wire to send ground (or 12v if that is how your car functions) and tap it in to the AVIC's reverse wire, then place a diode in line with the reverse wire, place diode on the car side of the switch tap.

the diode keeps car from thinking that the car is in reverse and keeping the back up lights from turning on, while the switch causes the avic to think that the car is in reverse and show the image full screen the entire time the switch is on, all while allowing the camera to function automatically when in reverse the rest of the time.