AVIC411.com

I need help with avic f700bt

hi,

i just got a pioneer avic f700bt and am having some problems and was wondering if i could get some help. when i boot up the unit, it works fine and goes to the main menu, after that i can touch anything and it will take me to it for example if i touch settings itll go to the setting page were it says navi setting etc., but then i cannot touch anything anymore. it locks me out. Ive tried to calibrate the screen but i cant get to the menu. So nothing else works so i press the map button, it takes me to the navigation warning thing were u press ok. My screen doesnt respond to touches and now none of the buttons are working except for the eject button wen i press that i hear the sound and it tries ejecting a disk, also there is a lot of lag the odd time i do get it to work(playing music from sd card, listening to radio etc.). i think it is a problem with the memory or the firmware because i booted in test mode and everything works, i can use the touch screen and it works. the problem is that i dont know how to use the test mode and i cant click on start because my touch screen isnt calibrated. My firmware im running is 2.006 and i used the 2.3 test mode. I was wondering if there was anyway i could just completely reset the whole thing back to its original settings and make it like it just came from the factory. I was reading a post and it said that if your system continously reboots which mine does you need to boot in test mode and then delete some files that are corrupt but then get automatically recreated. It that what i need to do, Or is there a way of doing a hard reset( not the button beside the eject button, ive tried that) If someone could help that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same damn problem! Did you just do a firmware update? I just did the 2.80 update to fix the "slow boot up" and now it gets stuck at the "pioneer splash screen". I can press the "menu" button but, I cannot use my "av source" or any other options except for my "system settings" nnothing else works. If there is a way to uninstall and reinstall the software that would be great because Pioneer wants me to send it in for $200 and that is probably all they are going to do.

• 2 weeks later...