AVIC411.com

If you upgrade to Z120 firmware can you revert back to Z110 if you don't like it?

Pioneer is offering free Firmware upgrade for the Z110 to 1.001000. I don't use an Ipod or Iphone for music. I download and use the SD card. I understand most of the upgrade is for those devices with the exception of the scrolling feature. I am not sure I am going to like the upgrade so does anyone know if you can revert back and how before I decide to do this.

Pioneer is offering free Firmware upgrade for the Z110 to 1.001000. I don't use an Ipod or Iphone for music. I download and use the SD card. I understand most of the upgrade is for those devices with the exception of the scrolling feature. I am not sure I am going to like the upgrade so does anyone know if you can revert back and how before I decide to do this.

The free update (not upgrade) to 1.001000 doesn't change anything with the user interface, or anything you'd even notice. It just fixes a few minor things. If you aren't having problems, you don't need it.. And there is no way to undo it. I think you have it confused with the V2.000 upgrade - which changes the user interface and updates the maps. Basically, it turns the Z110 into a Z120. That is not free. Also no way to undo.

The free update (not upgrade) to 1.001000 doesn't change anything with the user interface, or anything you'd even notice. It just fixes a few minor things. If you aren't having problems, you don't need it.. And there is no way to undo it. I think you have it confused with the V2.000 upgrade - which changes the user interface and updates the maps. Basically, it turns the Z110 into a Z120. That is not free. Also no way to undo.

Thanks Ron. You are correct. I did have it confused with the V2 upgrade so I re-posted it under a new title upgrading the Z110 firmware to 1.001000 but you answered my question anyway so thank you very much. I do actually have a minor issue where sometimes the XM stations cannot be changed using the buttons at the bottom or on the screen but if you touch the list option on the screen it unfreezes and list all stations and then returns to normal. The other way to unfreeze it is to turn it off then on again (reboot).