AVIC411.com

Z2 upgrades?

Ok, I am brand new to this site as I just found out about it. I Have a z2 with a wire bypass from install. Is there any updates that I need to do or cool stuff that can be done? I have read about the bigger hd, can u put movies on there? Also what about updating maps? My house shows to be in the middle of a field on my gps... thanks for any help!!

If you have a Z2, then you have the version2 software and maps from 2007. There were map updates published in 2008, 2009, and 2010. You can purchase the upgrade DVD from Pioneer or see the hacks section on this forum. You can install an upgraded hard drive as large as 60gb for a additional music storage. You cannot store movies on the hard drive.

Garret thank you for getting back to me so quick. another question is there a way to play the movies on my touch on the z2 if I do an upgrade or any of that. I read the map uploading page. I guess it takes a while to down load. I dont have much music on my hdd would it be better to just buy from you the z3 upgrade with the 2010 maps? Also back to the ipod is there a way to play if i have a direct connect cable. The unit does not support my iphone 4wont charge that or the touch, is that a normal op? thanks again for your time and help!!!!!!!

You can play movies from almost any device by using the RCA input connection. You cannot play video using the actual ipod connector. How you upgrade or where you buy your drive is completely up to you. Buying a preloaded drive does make the upgrade quite simple and takes less than 5 minutes. For the ipod and iphone4 questions, just poke around the forum as I have seen others answer similar questions. I don't use either, so I am not sure of the answer off the top of my head.