AVIC411.com

F700BT will not startup past the splash screen after firmware upgrade

Hey guys,

So i went to do my 2.8 firmware upgrade today because of the ridiculously slow boot up times. Well I loaded the upgrade onto my SD Card and then printed out the instructions from pioneer. I followed the instructions exactly and after the firmware upgraded it did a reboot (as expected). It rebooted and then stopped at the splash screen so, I then held down the reset and eject key for 5 seconds and the system rebooted. It again got stuck at the splash screen. I then pressed the "menu" key while it was stuck on the splash screen and i was able to get to the main menu. I touched the button for "settings" and then the only options that it was Let me touch was the "system settings" (no other options would allow me to touch them).

I touched the option for "system setting" and I was able to verify that the firmware DID in fact upgrade to 2.80 but, things are not working correctly AT ALL. I cannot access my "av source" and my navigation does not work. Ive tried reinstalling the update but, it will not boot to the SD card once upgraded already.

Any thought on what I could do? I called pioneer and of course all they said was to send it in for $200 and did not want to help me troubleshoot anything. Is there a was to uninstall and reinstall the pioneer software?

This really sucks because I just spent a thousand bucks on audio equipment and now I wont be able to install it this weekend as planned :sad:

• 2 years later...