AVIC411.com

Navi Volume Issue

Hi all,

I have a Avic F9110BT.

The navigation voice normally is constant even if u turn up or lower the AV-Sourve volume. That works for all sources except USB. When I listen to USB Music the Navi Voice changes its volume with the music volume. When I turn Volume loud. The Navigation Voice is loud also.

I have the feeling that this is only on the F9110 not on other units, because I cant find any posts for that problem. Also Pioneer Service Center didnt know that problem.

Does Anyone have that unit and can check if he has the same problem?

I Updatet to FW 3.021xxxx yesterday, but that didnt fix it.

I think its a software bug, because all other sources do fine. Can anyone change the software code to fix it?

THX

sr0x

Actually this is probably due to the way the AV and Navi boards are designed. If you look at the schematics in the F90/900/700BT repair manual found in the Hacks/Mods subforum, the audio volume and switcher control on the AV board takes several different audio sources (AV1, AV2, Navi, Tuner module, etc). Since the USB and SD audio comes from the Navi, when you modify the volume for either of those sources you're probably modifying it for all audio coming from the Navi (navigation sounds, USB and SD music, etc). All other sources (IP Bus, iPod/AV1, AV2, DVD, etc) are their own discrete sources, and probably have a different volume associated with them.