AVIC411.com

The instructions are not clear on this issue, so let me inquire???

I am installing the z1 and GEXP10XMT.

What is not clear is this.....do I need to install the antenna for the z1 gps and the antenna for the GEXP10XMT....and have two antennae on the roof of the truck (F150).....or is there a setup that allows for just on antenna to be installed????? And if so.....what is the hookup???

Thanks

Sean

Sorry got to have the 2 on the roof, the xm is different than the gps different singnals. I put my gps on the dash and is fine

NEW GUY needs some help to with burning a boot up screen

Ok ripped the dvd to my hard drive using dvddecrypter, worked fine.

used Winrar to expaned the file to change the .jpg file, worked fine

Tryed to burn all the files using nero 6.something got to problems

1 nero told me that one file is to big over 1gig told me to burn as a UDF tryed 2 got to the burn screen told me (can't burn to a empty disc) What the hell is that all about can't burn to a full one right. Tryed 2 other burners nothing, they burned but won't load up in my D1. Used dvddecrypter to burn the iso that it made and that workes fine. HELP!!

Yes got a DL DVD burner AND using Memorex DL dvd+r

.....do I need to install the antenna for the z1 gps and the antenna for the GEXP10XMT....

You definitely need both, but they don't both necessarily have to be on the roof. The XM will have to be on the roof as it absolutely needs a clear line of site to the satellite.

However, the gps signal is much stronger. I was able to hide mine just under the dash (the installer put it on the dash originally). The signal is still strong enough. I have also heard of people hiding it in the frame (along the windshield, forgot what it's called). My brother-in-law works at a dealer and they've hidden in spoilers as well.

I think it does well as long as it's not obstructed by metal.