AVIC411.com

HELP NEEDED PLEASE - Weak subwoofer output

Hi all,

this is my first post here so go easy if the answer to this is a simple one. I did have a search on the forum to see if anyone has had the same issue as me but can't find anything :(

basically I have a F10BT/Z110BT and I managed to connect everything up fine - by the way I'm using the RCA outputs, 4 door speakers going to 4ch amp (4RCA's) and the Subwoofer RCA's going to a 2ch amp driving two 10" subs.

All door speakers work as they should but I'm finding the subwoofer to be relatively weak when I know it should be a lot louder and deeper sounding, but I can't work out why it isn't?

I'm pretty sure the subwoofers and the amp for the subs aren't faulty.

I experimented with the FAD/BAL control in the audio settings on the HU and when I faded the speakers all the way left or all the way right the subwoofer came to life giving the deep rich sound they should which is strange to me?

Can anyone help me as to why at all?

Thanks in advance guys

Hi all,

this is my first post here so go easy if the answer to this is a simple one. I did have a search on the forum to see if anyone has had the same issue as me but can't find anything :(

basically I have a F10BT/Z110BT and I managed to connect everything up fine - by the way I'm using the RCA outputs, 4 door speakers going to 4ch amp (4RCA's) and the Subwoofer RCA's going to a 2ch amp driving two 10" subs.

All door speakers work as they should but I'm finding the subwoofer to be relatively weak when I know it should be a lot louder and deeper sounding, but I can't work out why it isn't?

I'm pretty sure the subwoofers and the amp for the subs aren't faulty.

I experimented with the FAD/BAL control in the audio settings on the HU and when I faded the speakers all the way left or all the way right the subwoofer came to life giving the deep rich sound they should which is strange to me?

Can anyone help me as to why at all?

Thanks in advance guys

It sounds like you have two subwoofers wired up to the sub amp? It appears that the speaker polarity at the amplifier, at the enclosure, or at the speaker may be backwards- which would mean that your subwoofers are out of phase with eachother. Just switch the (+) and (-) wires on one of the subwoofers at the amplifier/enclosure/speaker and you'll have your bass back.

It sounds like you have two subwoofers wired up to the sub amp? It appears that the speaker polarity at the amplifier, at the enclosure, or at the speaker may be backwards- which would mean that your subwoofers are out of phase with eachother. Just switch the (+) and (-) wires on one of the subwoofers at the amplifier/enclosure/speaker and you'll have your bass back.

hey,

yeah I have a 2ch amp seperate for the 2 subs, thanks for the input I'll try your suggestion. Do you know why the bass would be getting stronger when I turn the balance all the way left/right though?

Temporarily the sub amp input signal is coming from the 1st amp via a pass-thru lead and it works fine, which is why I suspected the HU itself. I have also been messing with the settings for the subwoofer output on the headunit itself but to no avail.