AVIC411.com

Installation costs

Best Buy sucks!! I would never let them touch my car, even if it is cheap. Best Buy doesn't require people to be certified to do installs as far as I know. Sure I paid like $300 to get my unit installed, but it was well worth it.

the only time i would ever let best buy do a install on my car is if i just have speakers installed and i am just to lazy to do it myself and ill pay there 69 for set for the install cause i know if they screw something up thats what insurance is for

@1loudls

I live in Cleveland Ohio and it comes back to sounding like you are one of the BB workers trying to excuse the reason why they charge it

yes these are options that the HU comes i with

BB chooses to sell them togethere they also choose not to take part in Mail In Rebated the Pioneer offers because they would have to kick somthing back im betting

they are so cheap that they choose to charge extra to plug things in the HU comes with or the system comes i with

then they should not post a rate to install a system they need to post it all

they are charging 99 bucks to isntall a Navi or DVD unit

but they charge 45 to install a Basic CD HU

where is the extra cost in the install labor is the same if they are going to charge more they plug a harness in splice the wires together emaybe a navi or dvd uni has a few more wires then a regular HU maybe they don't

but if they want to charge more for a DVD or Navi install then that should include the options like feature the thing comes with

other wise they can have evyerhign packaged seprate and choose to sell them seprate

but if our units need something to work properly like a VSS wire im sorry i don't belive they will work the way they are desihned without this then why are they charigng 99 to install a unit and then charge more to make that unit work right ? thats really messed up

sorry but what do you do work for BB so you have to stick up for them ?

I live in Cleveland Ohio and it comes back to sounding like you are one of the BB workers trying to excuse the reason why they charge it

and see your so much brighter than i give you credit for. and i'm offering you an explanation not an excuse for the charges. no one ever told you you had to pay those prices either, did they? thats the price they offer their services at, you are more than welcome to go to another shop and pay more or less if you want to. god bless America. you dont see me coming so your place of work, and slapping the fry scoop out of your hand and telling you that your dollar fries cost too much, because im too lazy to cook for myself, now do you?

yes these are options that the HU comes i with BB chooses to sell them togethere
best buy doesn't chose to sell them together, pioneer chooses to package them together. I see you still have a little trouble trying to figure out how exactly how many boxes something comes in changes how much work needs to be done. and i see your right, we shouldn't sell some of our manufactures products just because of what they include in the box.

they also choose not to take part in Mail In Rebated the Pioneer offers because they would have to kick somthing back
well your half right, BB does choose not to take part in any mail in rebates, because they work out back end deal with the manufacture to pay full price for the radio's, sell them with that amount off, and then let the manufactures reimburse the company for the units sold during the rebate period. this way you dont have to do anything for the rebate, you just sit back and enjoy. there are sometime when the manufactures dont quite work out a full rebate because of this

then they should not post a rate to install a system they need to post it all they are charging 99 bucks to isntall a Navi or DVD unit but they charge 45 to install a Basic CD HU where is the extra cost in the install labor is the same if they are going to charge more they plug a harness in splice the wires together emaybe a navi or dvd uni has a few more wires then a regular HU maybe they don't
fist off a basic deck install and a indash mobile video install are not the same and should be priced differently, the main difference being that the indash also has a reverse wire, a VSS wire, a mic, and GPS antenna. those extra things are why it cost twice as much, because it easily is twice the work. the other thing is that not all systems are the same, not all cars are the same, I still dont see you reasoning behind thinking that every install should cost the exact same no matter how much work has to be done, where is the fairness in that, if you buy a $50K+ car that has a crazy stupid factory audio system with multiple amps that takes most of the day to integrate with, you should have to pay more than the guy with a beat up 2000 civic that can be slapped in in an hour or two. same goes for which radio you buy, there is no way i'm gonna charge the same amount for an install for a guy that buys a AVH-3200DVD that just need to have reverse, and E-brake wire hooked up and a guy that buys a jensen radio that also comes with a HD radio tuner, ipod cable, and a TV tuner. those are no where near the same amount of work and it would be unfair to charge the same.but at the same time, everyone want to see what the cost is and may not want to talk to somebody about it, so the least we can do is get an idea of what the price will be. it also say "Some installations may require additional charges*" on the website and in the store, so i guess i really dont know what else you expect, this is the exact same reason we provide a written estimate once we see the car and whats going inside it, and funny enough this is how every other shop in the world works whether it be a audio shop, dealership, or even a home contractor. how about his, you come up with a much better business plan, and when it provides to be a success, we'll adopt it.

but if they want to charge more for a DVD or Navi install then that should include the options like feature the thing comes with other wise they can have evyerhign packaged seprate and choose to sell them seprate but if our units need something to work properly like a VSS wire im sorry i don't belive they will work the way they are desihned without this then why are they charigng 99 to install a unit and then charge more to make that unit work right ? thats really messed up

i alsread said that they should be charging you for the VSS and stuff, there are a few exceptions, for instance, if the signal wires will take an unusually long amount time or work to accomplish (i'm sorry if you buy a difficult car to work on, then you better be ready to pay extra for everything you want to have done to it) but again it isnt wrong for a shop to charge you accordingly depending on your scope of work.

you also seem to constriction yourself

the only time i would ever let best buy do a install on my car is if i just have speakers installed and i am just to lazy to do it myself
but then you are there trying to get them to install your nav and SW interface, which is it? at first you are ok with them doing the job, but then after you dont like the price, they are not good enough for you, weird how that works out. why dont you just suck it up and do it yourself? then you wont have to spend any money on labor.

sorry but what do you do work for BB so you have to stick up for them ?

why yes i do work for them (i would seem to have an aweful lot of information as to how they work if i didn't) but its not so much sticking up for them as it is correcting a lot of the incorrect information that is put ot against them. am i not allowed to have pride in my work and in my shop?

again what do you do work for BB?

well now I can't tell if you are illiterate or just plain stupid.

you defend them like you are a installer yourself

ummm, have you even been reading this thread, or do you just get either board or confused after the first few words?

• 4 weeks later...