AVIC411.com

Pandora issue on x920bt/z120bt after software upgrade

For all those who are having Pandora issues after the software upgrade:

Scenario: So I upgraded my x920bt with the latest 2011 CNSD-210FM software. Everything went smoothly, all the new features are in, but Pandora Link didn't work. So I decided to call Pioneer to see if they can help me troubleshoot the issue. According to the operator it is a known issue with the new software. You must have at least one song stored in the iPhone because for some reason the AVIC searches and indexes the iPod library first before switching to Pandora or Aha Radio app mode. If the iPod library is empty it'll get stuck at the indexing stage and won't move on to Pandora or Aha Radio app mode. Sounded like total BULLSHIT but I decided to believe the guy anyway in the spur of that moment, because my iPhone was indeed empty.

So I actually took the guy's advice and decided to load a song and then see if it works. And it still didn't work. After 15 minutes of fiddling with it I got fed up and decided to give up. But before I totally gave up and got out of the car, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a network or a Pandora connectivity issue. So I started the native Pandora app just to test the network. Surprisingly AVIC automatically switched the source to Pandora mode and Pandora is now working fine. Just to make sure that it has nothing to do with the indexing of the iPod library, I even deleted the one song that I loaded earlier and tried again and it still worked.

Lesson Learned: If you upgraded the software on the x920bt/z120bt or if you have the x930bt/z130bt, you DO NOT need the Pandora Link app anymore. Pandora mode works with the native iPhone Pandora app. It will also automatically switch the source to Pandora if the Pandora app is running on your iPhone. It has nothing to do with having an empty iPod library on your iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you haven't needed the pandora link app for a long time. The pandora app itself was updated at least 6 months ago to support the accessories I found this out on accident when I didn't have the pandora app link installed and it started working.

Always make sure your pandora app is up to date and just delete the app link from your phone.

• 4 weeks later...

That's good to know. When you updated the latest 2011 CNSD-210FM how did you get past the password part? I'm trying to do the same right now.

Thanks!

Chris... The media serial number is provided together with the package. Here are the steps to update:

Step 1: Get the device number from your Avic unit.

Step 2. https://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com/navigationupdate and enter your device number and media number and this will generate a password.

Step 3: Update your Avic with the SD cards that you ordered and enter the password that was generated for you.