AVIC411.com

z130BT Wont boot until buttons pressed

Hello all!

Just wired up my z130bt a week ago, however started noticing this the last few days. Sometimes, and i mean sometimes (increasingly however) the unit does not power on until i press a button. no illumination, no splash screen, nothing. If i start fiddling with the buttons then it starts up and functions 100% normal. No idea whats going on....

More info:

2010 STi

Z130BT purchased NEW

Steeing wheel controller by PAC-Audio

Navi bypass wire

Any clue? All the wiring was done by me with solder and heat wrap (accept for the ground as theres 4 wires going to ground, so it's electrically taped)

SO, you are saying that it just sits there until you press a hard buttlon, and then it boots (splash screen, delay while loading,,,)?

Possible problem areas:

• Power - are you 100% positive that the yellow has power all the time and red comes on (and stays on) with the ignition? Are you using the factory radio's power or running new wiring from the fuse-box?
  • Ground - not a likely problem unless it is intermittent. I was wondering if pressing a hard button somehow completes a ground. Not thru your body, but thru the circuitry
  • PAC-Audio - possible conflict/interferance with HU? can it easily be unplugged? I'm not familiar with these things.
  • Aftermarket stuff like HID ballasts? Power Amps? Been known to affect HU in wierd ways. Possibly due to current draw on startup. The HU takes up to 10 AMPs, it may not boot if it can't get enough current during your car's start-up cycle.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm afraid the best way to diagnose it is to remove the unit and bench-test it. That will totally eliminate any installation issues. Otherwise, sounds like a bumm unit.

SO, you are saying that it just sits there until you press a hard buttlon, and then it boots (splash screen, delay while loading,,,)?

Possible problem areas:

• Power - are you 100% positive that the yellow has power all the time and red comes on (and stays on) with the ignition? Are you using the factory radio's power or running new wiring from the fuse-box? 100% Sure
  • Ground - not a likely problem unless it is intermittent. I was wondering if pressing a hard button somehow completes a ground. Not thru your body, but thru the circuitry
  • PAC-Audio - possible conflict/interferance with HU? can it easily be unplugged? I'm not familiar with these things.
  • Aftermarket stuff like HID ballasts? Power Amps? Been known to affect HU in wierd ways. Possibly due to current draw on startup. The HU takes up to 10 AMPs, it may not boot if it can't get enough current during your car's start-up cycle. Nope, nothing

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm afraid the best way to diagnose it is to remove the unit and bench-test it. That will totally eliminate any installation issues. Otherwise, sounds like a bumm unit.

Well, i don't know if its actually messed up or not. It seems that if i turn the key immediately from 1 to start, it will sit for about 20 seconds and then boot up ( no need for the buttons). If i go to 1, wait a second, then 2 and start it. Everything's fine. I think its just the immediate power interruption (power for a milisecond, then off then on again). I could be wrong though!

• 3 weeks later...

hello, mine is doing the EXACT same thing. i also have the PAC steering wheel unit, i also have the reverse camera, and sirius satellite radio. have you figured anything out as to why this is doing this? i am wondering if it has something to do with the PAC as we both have the same setup? anyone??

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm experiencing something similar. I'll start the engine and the Z130BT buttons and screen won't light up for about 20 seconds. I've noticed that lingering in accessory for a bit before starting sometimes helps.

Here's my build:

- 2011 WRX

- Z130BT new

- Axxess ASWC

- ND-BC4 backup camera

- Navi Bypass

- VSS + Reverse taps

Before I start tearing through my wiring, anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

I have had my Z130Bt for five months now. I had this same thing happen twice as well. Only twice and not for a couple of months now. I turned my truck off and then restarted it and it came on immediately both times. - Not sure why- so I will be watching this closely to see what you guys figure out ....