AVIC411.com

F500BT slow to boot for Nav

Has anyone found out how to get the FT500BT up and navigating quickly?

Finally got the custom dash panel made for the '55 Nash Rambler with cutouts in that panel for all the wires to feed the amp mounted behind the dash. It works nicely but the Pioneer FT500 specific amp could play louder, even with quite efficient speakers.

I dislike the long GPS boot times and installed the antenna to help, and have read other posts about it; most are quite old. I don' think the antenna made any difference in speed of satellite synching. The unit gets real stupid when it shuts down, losing the GeoSync (or whatever) data.

I plan to build the power supply board with 10 NiCad AA batteries, from the AVIC forum (thanks guys) to hopefully alleviate that, during short stops, at least, despite the decent capacity of the 500's battery.

For now, both yellow (BAT+) and red (IGN) wires are connected to (+). I tried the 'sleep' mode (a quick power-button press) but if left too long in that state, it goes stupid on me and takes forever to reboot as if I did a full shutdown. Music from both the iPod and SD card come up okay; not instantly. This unit runs the newest Pioneer version, 4, with no mods, yet.

BTW, the wires are all 'buried' now.

post-48145-0-29604800-1316625960_thumb.jpg