AVIC411.com

AVIC D1 Display issue with Video inputs

I had a brief run through the forums and I couldn't find any information regarding my problem, so here goes:

My AVIC D1 works flawlessly except for when I try to plug any kind of external video into it. Whenever I plug any kind of RCA plugs from any source, the picture comes through very distorted and I get a buzzing through the speakers. If I remove the video cable, the buzzing goes away and I get clear audio. I also tried getting video through the rear camera in & the same thing happens. The harness itself looks physically fine, and there is no continuity through the cable itself from + to - so it would appear the cable is fine. I tried plugging in another D1 and the same thing happened, but it was still using the same RCA harness.

So my question is, is this a known issue? Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Just weird that i'd have the same issue with 2 seperate units (however running the same RCA harness).

I have verified that all my sources & source cables are in proper working order.

Any help on the issue would be appreciated,

Thanks

• 2 months later...

well i would normally think that the AVIC itself has a problem, but if you are getting the same problem with another D1, then it would be very unlikely for two units to have the exact same problem. one thing that comes to mind would be the rca harness itself, it could be bad even if there is no continuity between the two wires (that would only test for a short) or the harness could be pinned wrong, and the video signal is not getting in correctly.