AVIC411.com

Please help..Rear View Camera only works during start up

Hi,

I am new to the forums and I could really use anyone's help. I just had my Pioneer Z130BT installed yesterday and everything seems to work fine except.... (please bear with me)

When I first start my car it instantly switches to the black blank Rear View Cam screen BEFORE I even put the car in reverse. Once I do put it in reverse the rear view camera works perfectly. The problem is, once I put the car in drive it stays and remains in the black blank Rear View Cam screen (just like during start-up) and does not switch to the main menu or radio until I actually press the mode button. Once I do press the mode button, it then displays the nav screen and everything works fine BUT I lose my Rear View Camera!! It no longer functions or works when I put the car in reverse.But only if I shut my car off and re-start.

So in essense, my Rear View Camera only works during Start-Up only OR if after Start-up I never press the mode button to get out of the Rear View Camera Cam screen after putting the car in drive. I tried changing the polarity in the settings menu just like the owner's manual suggested but that doesn't work and even my installer is at a lost.

Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'm also experiencing the same problem. My one worked the first time when it was fired up. But, the camera didn’t work. Then the mechanic shut off the unit and turned it back on. The rear camera works now. But, the screen seems to be stuck on the rear view mode. When you put the shifter in to park, the screen goes black but the writing on the top of the screen that says "objects in the rear may appear smaller" is visible. None of the other functions work.

We looked around to see if we could find a reset button but I don’t think there is one. I wonder if there is a special sequence you have to do to reset the device. My mechanic has no idea what the problem could be.

Please let me know if you were able to find a solution to this issue