AVIC411.com

No volume or Ipod control

After ALOT of trial and error and advise on this thread and forum my f900bt is working.Still a few bugs I need help with though.

1) I cannot adjust volume. the forward/back and voice commands all work but it will not turn volume up or down.At first I though it could be firmware related,but it is doing the same on the 3.1 fix.I even bought a Pioneer remote to use as an alternative but it wont work either(dont think this unit supports it) I have opened the unit up and checked the ribbon cables and they are secure and properly seated.havent had any luck trying to find the part number for the circuit board with the volume control on it.(Ibelieve Pioneer calls this a keyboard unit)Can someone tell me if this is right and where I might purchase one?

2)Headunit will not recognise my ipod .The ipod in question is a 80G classic and I am using the proper Pioneer cable with the AV1 setting set to "ipod".So far I have tested continuity of the USB cable and it checked good.I assume there should be a 5V feed from the headunit but they all read 0.9 V.I believe the software of the Ipod is 1.1.2.Does it need the 1.1.1 software to work proper?(i dont really want to put a earlier version on my ipod if I don't have to as I have read a bunch of horror stories on the apple forums) I also tried a nano with the same results.Any ideas?I should also mention that when i was hooking up the audio/video cables thatI had a audio set that was unlabled.I used the shorter lead set marked"audio input" the longer set does not have a tag.Should I have used the longer set?And would it make any difference on the HU seeing the Ipod?

I would appreciate any direction/help on these matters.I opologize if these have been covered in another thread,but I did the thread search for both my problems with no results.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would update what I found in case anyone else was having similiar issues.The volume issue was the board for the volume button and the ipod not working was solved with replacing the usb cable for the ipod(although the measurements i took with my DMM proved out)Had to purchase another headunit not working on Ebay and the cost was only $75.Best part is I still have other usable parts if anything else goes wrong.Kind of dissapointed with the lack of reponse on here.Not one person offered help at all