AVIC411.com

I want to buy a x930bt con's and pro's ?

Ok so im going to buy eithere a Pioneer X930bt or a Clarion NX501

please help me decide

the only think keeping me from saying rigth away about the piioneer for sure is that i have heard you can not bypas it with a simple ground to the P-break

but i have also read there are hacks for it

How many here have sucessfully hacked the system ?

I am not so much in need of viedo play back during driving but i want the navigation features to be active and the phone and blue tooth fetures to be active when im moving more then 10mph

so is this really a good hack

Im not really a techy person

a freind said i just need to use a relay but i think he is thinking of the older units

also what are the cons and pro's for this unit

how is boot and load up speed is it good or does it lag a bit

what about GPS speed

do i need to run a wire to the VSS on my dash ? or is the TPS antenna all i need to hook up ?

how fast to reaspond is the GPS navigation does it lag at times or preaty fast

how often does Pioneer come out with updated for there navigation systems

currently my factory nav in my cadillac has not been updated for 3 years and this is why i want a new system

thank you please help me make the right choice

i know i need the GMOS-06 to keep my Bose system speakers and amp and all the car chimes and fetures

and the PAC interface to keep my steering wheel audio controls

the antenna adapter i have and the double din kit i have is there anything els im missing here ?

thank you

so 1st things 1st...im not a techy person but i know how to find what i need on the net (i paid $100 to get my unit installed & bought all the wiring myself & gave the person vids on how to install some items) I used the metra axxess xsvi-xxxx-nav unit instead of the PAC system because it recognizes the steering controls easier, less potential wiring issues, and connects to the vss parking assist.

2nd there is a bypass & its super simple

posted by Motorcadeint entitled "pioneer x930 bypass" (or something like that), i've been all over the freeway with it & works fine.

boot speed is about 13sec. Once its up it has quick response to the fingertips with natural finger pressure required (similar to an iphone/ipad/itouch.) Most annoying thing is no voice commands (not very safe) especially when scanning through the contacts. GPS is quick & responsive. Ive purposely taken wrong turns just to see how quickly it recalculates and within 5sec its had a new route up and ready. MAJOR NOTE if you have an iphone, you shldnt update to ios5 until after Pioneer has finished with the update, its got a glitch right now, nothing major but a bit annoying when dealing with apps like pandora & sometimes with the ipod. Updates are simple with a sim card.

Major pro its syncs with your phone and your contacts almost instantaneously, and AVIC FEEDS works great for navi, just remember dont delete the information in the 1st name line that is between the @ symbols and keep the 1st and last name of the contact on the 1st name line.