AVIC411.com

So ive had my AVIC-z120 since fathers day and it works great. i just finished the bypass mod last night and being able to enter an address while driving works great now. only problem i have now is that i cant see video coming from my ipod source i have an older ipod 5th generation with video. Audio coming from my ipod works perfect. do i need a different cable? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

What cable are you using? Should be CD-IU50V. If not, or it is a "clone", then that is the problem.

iPod 5G should work with video. What exactly happens when you try to play vids? See pg 122 in Z120 manual.

Make sure that Settings/AV System Settings/AV1 is set to iPod. But I think it is - since you are getting audio.

this is probably a dumb question but how do i find out what kind of cable it is? and when i select a video off of my ipod it plays the music just shows a black screen where the video should be. and yes ipod is set in settings. but i will also look at the manual like you suggested to make sure i didnt miss anything.

I'm not sure how to identify the Pioneer ipod cables. Mine is buried in the dash except for the 30 pin iPod connector end. Re-reading your OP, I should of asked this 1st. Could you play ipod vids before doing the by-pass? The bypass itself couldn't cause this problem, but it is possible that in the process of removing/re-installing your HU, you disturbed the mini-plug connection where the CD-IU50V mini-plug connects the the mini-jack part of the stock USB harness. Make sure the plug is all the way in to the jack. The plug has 4 bands: L (tip), R, G, Vid. Note: some clones only had 3 bands.