AVIC411.com

how to install unit ?

ok so i have been looking on youtube for videos on how to install and the only thing i have found was for a audi

id like to see a video of or instruction on properly installing the unit in my 2000 cadillac seville

I have a friend who can do the install for me on Saturday the 22nd but i don't want to wait that damn long lol

but i have never installed anything myself so i don't know anything about where to find the vss wire where to plug the others in what to crimp together what to splice together and all

the only thing i know for sure is the bypass since i have watched every bpyass video on how to lol and even moved the mute wire on my own but still have not grounded the to harness together yet

so can someone please give me help on information how to install the unit with the GMOS06 ?

thank you

today i went out and bought a box of 2 crimp cap's and 5 but slicer connectors that crimp also

anything els that will be needed ?

do i need extra wire for anything at all ?

Look for the right harness for your car and go from there. For the most part the wires are either labeled or color coded. I have a VW Passat and this was my first radio install. The harness I used made everything simple. To be honest with you from what I've seen on this site, you're not gonna get much help.

yeah im waiting on my GMOS-06 harness to come so i can't even get a picture of it in my head untill it gets hear i tried to find a picture of it and al it comes with is the connector and a few other things but nothing fully of the harness so i can get an idea of what is going on in it and all

You might have to alter the dash bezel, I believe the Cad is a Din and a half and the AVIC is a double din, Another thing to look at is weather your system is a Bose with amps, If it is you will need adaptors.

Bill

the seville and deville 98-04 seville and 2000-05 deville have Double Din radios

the deville dash has to be altered a bit but my seville does not

yeah the GMOS-06 harness is what i need to keep my bose system speakers working untill i save up more and swap the entire speaker units all out

and the acws i think is the metra steering wheel harness i was told plugs directly into the gmos-06 no splicing needed

but i don't have the harness yet so what im trying to understand is

do i need to run the vss wire from the harness that came with the unit to the vss wire on my dash cluster harness ?

or do i runit somewhere els or just leave it alone and don't runit

also i can't get a picture of the gmos-06 harness just the plug so am i going to have to tap and splice wires together from the gmos-06 to the pioneer harness or will they just plug into each other ?

I typically use c-r-u-t-f-i-e-l-d.com - Enter your vehicle type and your (or a comparable) head unit. Somewhere on there is a section about Accessories where they will itemize the harnesses, dash kits, etc that you'll need to install the stereo.

Take your time and make sure your connections are secure and well insulated.

yeah crutchfield would help me if i didnt know what i need but i do know what i need i actualy ave all the parts ordered but still waiting for them to come in

im just tyring to get a picture in my head of how to do the install when i say this i mean

what wires i have to connect to each others for the GMOS06 i know that plugs right into the Car radio harness but do i have to splice wires from the Pioneer head unit to the GMOS 06 or do they connect like plugs or do i need to splice them togethere

I'm at work so I can't log onto Youtube, but you can search for installation videos. Also, the wires for the radio harness and adapter harness for your car are usually color coded, and/ or have the labels written on them. Honestly though if you're this unsure about it then I would suggest taking it somewhere to have it installed. Especially if you want it done as soon as possible. My parts came in stages as well, so I had my harnesses all connected before I was ready to install it. Just don't be overwhelmed by the amount of wires.

If you learn to do it now, then you'll never have to pay anyone again to install your stuff. Just take your time and make sure all your connections are fine.

yeah i have been searching youtube the only thing i found was how to install the x930bt in a audi and it used another type of harness and i really was looking for something on how to install it in a cadillac

then there is also the programming on how to program the steering wheel control interface and im not sure how that is done

I did call this one place near me as soon as my friend who was going to do it told me i have to take my car for a rear end work on Saturday so that meant i can't go to him since he takes his car for rear end work lol

so im not going to wait till the fallowing weekend to install it i want it done now im heading on a short road trip and would like it for this weekend saturday and sunday trip

so the shop i called near me is call Road Quake i think they have been in business for at least 5 or 6 years i remember they used to be based out of a flea market location and now they have 2 store fronts in my area

the guy told me 100 to install it and then i mentioned the steering wheel interface he said oh that needs programing and other things so he said 150 to install the entire unit

then i mentioned the bypass video he said oh we have done that before no problem i mentioned i already moved the mute pin on the harness so all that has to be done is have the wires all grounded togethere he said yeah no problem we will take care of that all for 150 plus taxxes so he said 161 total

i don't mind paying taxes cause ill use my credit card instead of giving cash and then having no guarantee on the labor

But im betting ones its all in i can always pull the column without disconcerting anything and just look and see how it is wires so i can do it next time

but my mane thing is now deciding weather to yous the Metra GMOS interface or the PAC interface

I have heard that GMOS gives muffled sounds at times and chimes don't always work

and i have heard some say PAC is better but then mostly all the shops around here use Metra GMOS interfaces

so i went ahead and ordered both from Amazon and what ever i don't have them use i can just return for a refund

But i guess now i am just trying to decide weather or not to use the GMOS-06 or the PAC interface

i was hoping someone here might have a cadillac 98-04 with the bose and onstar and tell me wich one they used and how it sounds

but i have not had anyone say anything yet

and i don't have the PAC Or GMOS interface harness yet i really can't wait untill they come so i can atleast see what they look like and get an idea of what i have to do

i think i was told they both plug directly into my Car audio Harness that is already in the car so im asuming the only thing that has to be done is to connect the power wire and ground wire on the Pioneer power and RCA harness and connect the PB and Mute and Ground wire on the pioneer 2 harness together then run the VSS wire from the Pioneer Harness to my VSS signal wire on the dash cluster

and not sure what els i am missing is there anything els that would have to be done ?