AVIC411.com

Z3 Gyroscope problem / unit is FREAKING OUT

Not really sure what happened to my Z2 (HD upgraded to Z3) I've had it installed in my car for about 5 years. Yesterday I noticed that when I was navigating, when I would stop at the light my location would start to creep forward, but when I started driving it would be correct, except sometime just "next" to the road I was actually driving on. I decided to look at the meters and see what it was doing and it was acting crazy (see the video HERE) even though I was stopped, The speed and G sensors were going crazy giving lots of random readouts.

After that I decided to go into settings and look at the connection stats - a popup came up that said something to the nature of the "g-sensor position error". After which, when I went back to the map meters screen all the sensors had an error window covering them (see attached picture).

I don't know what could be causing it. I haven't removed the radio or added anything to the car in a LONG time. It just started happening randomly.. and since then it hasn't gone away.

My next step is to try a battery pull. I don't think that is really going to fix it.

does anyone have any idea what could cause it? or what I could do to fix it?

post-56734-0-00300600-1318822701_thumb.jpg

The GPS is strong, and the VSS works great when I'm moving. I did all the resets I could find (including a battery pull) I've noticed now that sometimes it works fine, then it randomly starts freaking out. I was able to trigger a freakout the other day by doing a .5g brake.. I think that maybe the Gyroscope(s) are sticking or shorting out somehow.. :-\ any ideas what I can do to help?

• 1 month later...