AVIC411.com

x930bt mystical reappearing rearview camera screen

i just installed a refurb avic x930bt in my subaru forester with a rear view camera. the camera is hooked up to the reverse light for power and i believe tapped in correctly to the reverse signal wire. the camera comes on when i put the car in reverse and after a few seconds the camera image flashes and a warning is superimposed that says the image may be reversed or something like that. now when i take the car out of reverse the camera stops displaying and the screen goes black except the warning is still on the black screen. i have to hit the mode button to switch back to my audio setting and it seems like that should happen automatically. the music will play, it just won't revert to the last screen i was on. and even after i hit the mode button every 5-10 minutes of driving the screen will switch back to that black screen with the warning.

i don't know if i hooked something up incorrectly, or it is just that the unit is a little effed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...