AVIC411.com

I have not removed the faceplate yet and am scared to question first thanks

ok so i know it sound silly but i have not removed my faceplate yet

i guess i thought i read somewhere that if you remove it when you put it back on it will prompt for a password

and i don't know how to set the password have not had much luck with this info or finding out how

could someone please explain how this works

how do i set a password for the unit

and does this mean every time i turn the car on i will need to enter a password ?

or is it only for when putting the face plate back on ?

i have the X930BT

i just removed the little face plate well thats what they call it not sure i would consider it that it removes the bottom row of button bello the volum multi vuntion nob

so i put it back on and it asked me if i wanted to set up a password i did it today and put in the password i wanted

i don't understand why it asks for a password

since i just took it off again and went back out 20 minutes latter put it back on and it did not prompt me for a password this time around

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you, you better write down that password somewhere you wont lose it. far too often people lose their passwords and get screwed, as there is no secret master code.

BTW, if you ever unplug the radio, or disconnect the battery from the car, then you will need to enter the password.

• 3 weeks later...

i have seen a lot less spams bots on as of late, i remember a time when there would be two or three new one almost every day. i dont know what jason changed, but it does seem to be working well. i just wish the new version of this website still showed my awesome avatar :( now it just looks lame!!!