AVIC411.com

New z130bt installed. Can't change any settings.

Hello,

Just installed z130bt in 05 4runner....

Install didn't go to well, the installer took over 5 hours, and it is still not working properly :-(

I advised him about the bypass, but I dont think he did it, I think I remember seeing the mute wire dangling not connected to anything at all ?

He finally gave up and told me to come back, to run the wires for rearview camera, and also to tap reverse light from the back as he coulnd't find the reverse wire from the shifter harness?

I don't think that will work, but anyhow.

He also mentioned something about the speed sense wire also not being connected.

He also could not find control wire 2 so my AWCS steering interface isn't working either....

I think I told him properly how to do the diversity antenna connect properly (three wires, one normal antenna jack, a smaller one then a power line)

So my new z130bt turns on and regardless if I am in park with my e-brake on, it thinks I am driving ? I can't edit any BT setting to sync my phone, can't watch any video either.

Does anybody know if the z130bt is hooked up stock, but the mute wire, and speed sense wire are not hooked up, would this be why the unit thinks I am always driving,

even thought I am in park with e-brake on ?

I hope the installer at least found the e-brake wire ? but can't confirm. Are there any soft/key hacks ? ie press and hold eject + volume up ? Or do I have to wait until next week for the tech to try this again ?

I can' believe I can't change any bt or nav settings, at least I can listen to mp3's..

Thanks in advance for any ideas, and if any one has this unit in a 03 - 07 Toyota 4Runner, please drop me a line and advise how your install went.

Thanks.

Hmmmm I believe I have this same problem but why can we click on some icons? Like I can navigate and put in CDs but they don't get the titles read and I just sort of figured out how to play my iPhone 4 on it but I cant do any settings stuff or blue tooth the only settings I can do are av settings and I too can't watch movies I put in the actual DVD of grown ups and I could hear like a start up screen but no picture to do anything with it...I can only navigate with the voice recognition I can't do any typing or any other buttons it offers me.