AVIC411.com

Z2 Audiobooks keep resetting

One of the main things I use my Z2 for is listening to audiobooks from Audible.com off my iPhone (via the iPod cable) while I drive.

Normally, like on the iPhone, when I plug my phone in and pick the audiobook it picks up right where it left off. Sometimes however (about 20% of the time) it starts the book over from the beginning.

As you can imagine, this is maddening as these are often 300-600 minute files and I generally don't have any clue where in that timeline my last listen ended. That means that I have to spend the next half hour (which is typically my whole drive) fast forwarding and listening to figure out where I was in the book. It's very frustrating.

Note that this NEVER happens when just listening to my iPhone directly. It only happens when plugged into the Avic, and then only occassionally. It's enough to make me want to put a fist through the thing though. Argh.

Any ideas what gives, or if there's a remedy or something specific that causes it? I haven't been able to find a pattern as to why it happens sometimes and not others.

• 2 weeks later...