AVIC411.com

I have an AVIC-Z1 that I have been using the iPOD control cable to control my legacy iPOD on for years. It worked fine. I upgraded to an iPOD touch and now I get a message up on my iPOD Screen that says that this device will not support charging. It plays my iPOD touch just fine but will not charge it. The down side is that I have to take my iPOD Touch outside of my truck an charge it that way. Any recommendations on cables that will work to support charging my iPOD Touch on my AVIC-Z1? :neutral:

I have the same problem! Still researching but I think this device might do the trick: http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B001HN6CVA I want to confirm before I purchase it, I have an iTouch 4th gen

Update.. it doesn't support Pioneer..

Compatibility: The passPORT is compatible with the following iPods (as of October 2010):

• iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen.)
  • iPhone (3G/3GS/4)
  • iPod nano (4th/5th/6th gen.)

Note: The passPORT is not compatible with the following stereos:

• Pioneer: Pioneer head units using the CD-iB100 or CD-i200 iPod to IP-Bus adapter
  • Mercedes: vehicles equipped with the Mercedes Media Interface Cable
  • BMW/Cooper: vehicles equipped with an iDrive iPod Interface

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NrRuz7jhOis/p_142IFWA/Scosche-passPORT.html#details-tab

Edited by jargin

I have chose to try the Cablejive solution that you pointed out. I like the fact that it has an external power source. I think the only downside is that it may have a problem with syncing power. You have to start the car before you connect the iPOD Touch. I keep my iPOD touch in my glove box out of site. So I may have to alter that and put it in a location that is no longer out of site. I will try it both ways to see if this is a probelm and will report back here.

In the meantime I want to thank you VERY much for your help!

Jargin ... GREAT news! I received my Cablejive cables today and my AVIC-Z1 now charges my iPOD Touch as it used to charge my iPOD. The Cablejive solution is a bit pricey but a whole lot cheeper then replacing my entire Navigation System. I wound up purchasing the extension cord because I like to hide my iPOD touch (out of site). Thank you VERY much for the rcommendation. This worked perfectly! :-P

• 2 weeks later...