AVIC411.com

So, I just had a Z130BT installed. There were problems with the installation. Some steering wheel integration problems, and other things. So, I've been to my installer twice.

But now it looks like I have to go a third time. The installer claims that they did me a "favor", and installed a bypass that would allow me to enter address in my NAV while moving. That sounds good, BUT now every single time I start the car, I get a warning message about the parking brake.

The installer says that if he disables that message, I will not be able to enter any data into the NAV system while the car is moving.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Any help would be appreciated.....

The installer claims that they did me a "favor", and installed a bypass that would allow me to enter address in my NAV while moving. That sounds good, BUT now every single time I start the car, I get a warning message about the parking brake.

The installer says that if he disables that message, I will not be able to enter any data into the NAV system while the car is moving.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Any help would be appreciated.....

Your installer is mistaken and he didn't do the bypass correctly. Probably used the procedure for a different model. There are a couple videos on YouTube that show how to do it. Search for Z130BT or Z130.

The simplest way requires moving the Mute wire (simply because it is not used in most installations). However, it (Mute) might be used by your steering wheel controls, so he would likely have trouble finding another wire to use.

A good installer would know how to handle this without some lame excuse.

What RonS said is the truth. Your installer screwed up the bypass and is now telling you this to cover his ass. Take it back and tell him to do the bypass per the instructions on this site. If he did it right you would not be having the issue you are having now. Never use this installer again once its fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

What RonS said is the truth. Your installer screwed up the bypass and is now telling you this to cover his ass. Take it back and tell him to do the bypass per the instructions on this site. If he did it right you would not be having the issue you are having now. Never use this installer again once its fixed.

I did take it back and he fixed it. Thanks to all who replied!

• 1 month later...