AVIC411.com

z130 bt vs avh-p4300dvd

Hi, i wondering What would be the best way to go. Get a z130bt or a avh-p4300dvd with all the bells and whistles. The reason i like the p4300 is because of the remote. I'm wondering witch unit has the best software interface? Only if the z130bt had a remote, i wouldnt even be asking. Thanks for your opinions in advance.

I used to have a remote with one of my former head units, but I hardly ever used it. Seemed like an equal amount of effort would be applied to mash a button on a remote as it would to poke a touchscreen. Only situation I think would make it worth it is if you had people in the backseat that you wanted to give control to that didn't already have media control options installed in the back.

I drive a single cab Dodge Ram 1500, so that wouldn't entice me much.

Well i have a truck as well ford f150 and was worried that trying to hit the touch screen wile bouncing down the road might a problem.. The main thing that i thought might be tuff is fumbling for the volume button wile driving. Does pioneer even make a wired romote for this unit?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC130/Pioneer-AVIC-Z130BT.html?tp=20212#accessories-tab

scroll down to kits and assessories and there is a wired romote in the z130's accessories but im not sure if it will plug in to this unit. I doubt it but wishfull thinking. I'll call curtchfield later today and see what they know about this

• 3 weeks later...