AVIC411.com

f30bt split screen while in "D" doesn't show rear camera. Also, ONSTAR "very" loud, ouch!

Hello, nice forum!

Recently got a car and had the dealer (yes, boring, but i'm getting up in years LOL) install an F30BT.

The sound was very lacking through the Harmon-Kardon speakers so the installer changed what I guess you all refer to as the "PAC" module?

The sound really kicks out nicely now (us older 50+ folk enjoy cranking it too you know :shock:...what??? LOL).

Of course now the ONSTAR (which i don't use but the wife does) is way too loud.

Installer said that was best he could do:

1) great sound, crappy ONSTAR

2) great ONSTAR, crappy sound

He said there may be a fix in the future, maybe not?

I can live with it, the wife rarely drives my car.

Anyways, getting the nag screens, will tackle those issues later but I would like to see the rear camera while in drive as stated in the manual.

Anyone had luck with this?

I get a black screen where the camera image should be while in D.

Also, an F30BT is similar to which other Pioneer AVIC?(i.e. to 'test' some new software from here, I would use which model's firmware as I don't even see an F30 in the F-Series forum).

Thanks for any replies.

dynamo

I would like to see the rear camera while in drive as stated in the manual.

Anyone had luck with this?

I get a black screen where the camera image should be while in D.

well if you select rear view, and you get a black screen with a warning, then that means that you can select the camera as a source, but the camera is not getting power (hence why the screen is black) the lazy installer powered up the camera from the reverse lights, so the camera can only get power when the reverse lights are on. the camera need to be wired correctly to ACC power, to see the camera screen anytime the car is not in reverse.

Hi 1loudls.

Thanks for your replies.

Makes sense about the camera wiring, thanks for the idea!

Not sure of the specific Onstar module they used.

I can ask, however.

The first one sounded great, volume-wise, but any source playback (tuner, sirius, sd, ipod, etc.) lacked bass and subwoofer frequencies and generally just sounded "mediocre", the stock unit sounded better by far!

The second Onstar module sounds great for source playback but the Onstar volume is way too loud even at the lowest volume setting.

The installer said he had it dialed down as low as it would go.

Neither is a big issue in my eyes, the Onstar is the wife's plaything, dunno, something about woman and talking LOL, J/K!!!

Anyway, the installer is checking into it some more.

Meanwhile, doesn't seem to be many Z130BT users here.

Time permitting, I'd like to customize my Z130.

I guess I start by loading "testmode" as with the other AVIC's?

Anyone have an idea which unit the Z130 is similar to?

I don't mind trying some things out as long as I can get the original files onto an SD card for backup first.

I don't mind trying some things out as long as I can get the original files onto an SD card for backup first.

i would recommend this even if you dont do anything to the system. avics have been know to get a corrupt file or two that can cause boot loops and render the system useless. having these files on hand can allow you to bring a bricked system back to life on your own a lot of the times. (saved my ass twice now)