AVIC411.com

should i be worried?

i ordered my Z1 and it is on backorder. now that the z2 is coming out. should i be worried that they will not have the z1 at all? i personally don't understand how the whole shipping thing goes, but does this mean that the z1 is not going to be made anymore? so am i sh*t out of luck or...what's going to happen?

anyone have any information? i would have to hate to have to pay another 500-600 hundred just for the z2 when i paid 1600 for the z1. i hope i don't have anything to worry about. please post any information you may have.

jaytrey,

This is happening everywhere. There should be one more Z1 shipment from Japan with product manufactured dates of December 2006, however, the supply of this shipment is supposed to be extremely limited.

Where did you buy it at?

Kevin

Yeah,

They don't even list the AVIC-Z1 on their website anymore, nor do they mention the Z2.

I would give them a call and ask how they intend to resolve this Z1 backorder problem. Ask if you can holdout for a Z2 and get it at the same price you paid them for the Z1.

Kevin

so now that it seems that online is out of the question, where should i start now? do i backorder from cardomain/crutchfield and hope they get 1 or do i try ebay. the only reason why im hesistant on getting the z2 right away is because i just don't want to shell out 2200+ when i could have the z1 for 1500-1800 and the update for 250 would make it a z2, so basically i would be saving some dough.

and to be honest. after posting all this time and gathering info..the wait is a bit of a tease! so i just wanted to know if there are any sites out there that are reputable to buy from. and is ebay a trusted place to spend all that money? i see ones that are going for 600 with about 8 hours left. the seller has a selling history of under 100, but his positive feedback is still high (99%). should they be trusted? i don't know what's the general take on this. any info would help guys.

Jaytrey,

I know you are frustrated right now and I certainly understand how you feel.

eBay is probably your only bet right now for a Z1. Trust only a Power Seller. Yes, Power Sellers will have negative feedback but it's because they deal in high volumes and will always have dissatisfied customers.

Click on the following link. I have bought from ths guy before and he is trustworthy. Your payment is also protected through PayPal. These are currently the only Z1s on eBay that I would consider buying. And it's a very reasonable price considering the scarcity of the Z1.

http://electronics.search.ebay.com/_Con ... sZzooquest

Tell the seller that you need it immediately for a customer install and they will ship it right away!

Good Luck,

Kevin

hey kev,

originally, i was looking to get a warranty with my z1. if i get it through ebay, is there anyways to insure my product? any third party sites that will cover this? thanks for your help again. i'll send you a pm later with the info.

Tell the seller that you need it immediately for a customer install and they will ship it right away!

wrong again check this sellers feedback and you will see neg feedback and a refund for every z1 sold. his ad even states will ship from warehouse in 3 weeks! he does not have them to sell. allways check the feedback for similar items.

I bought my bluetooth adapter from him several months ago and as I recall, I received it within a week so I based my recommendation of him on my past buying experience with him. I'm not sure why anyone would sell something only to refund the money everytime. Makes no sense.

Yes, he does have negative feedback but didn't I already cover this in my earlier post?

Again, he is a Powerseller with a lot of feedback which tells me that he isn't going anywhere. And if he isn't going anywhere, than I know I can always get my PayPal payment refunded in the event that he defaults.

I would email him to see if he has the Z1 on hand. If he says that he doesn't than don't buy it. It's as simple as that, hence my earlier post "telling him that you need it right away for a customer install"

As for a warranty, you'll need to buy from an authorized Pioneer dealer to be covered and I'm not sure that this guy is.

I responded to your PM...

Kevin

again if you read his listing he states ships in 3 weeks from warehouse, meaning he does not have this item on hand. read through his feedbacks you will see others who have purchased this item from him only to demand a refund from paypal. I have no idea why he does this but he does. there are plenty of power sellers with 100% positive feedback.