AVIC411.com

Connecting AUX in, USB and an iPod all at once?

Hi. I was hoping somebody might have an answer to a question.

I'm looking at two units, the Kenwood DNX6980 and the Pioneer AVIC-Z130bt.

I think I'm going to go with the Pioneer, as I like the extra bang for your buck (plus it seems to not have as many issues with Android pairing), anyhow, is it possible to split the USB and the AUX IN so that I can easily swap between ipod and USB (or plug in my Zune via AUX for audio)? Perhaps even run an AUX cord to the glove box and a USB to the glove box, then just keep the propietary Pioneer iPod connector in there and connect when needed? I'd prefer to have it all wired in the back with a simple splitter, but don't know if that is possible (obviously not a USB hub as I don't think that would work).

I'm not really a fan of iPods, but I'd like to have the option in case a friend comes along with theirs, etc.

I couldn't find anything specific to the Z130bt using the search function here, but via google I found one that references this older model. http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/26353-using-usb-hub-to-play-ipodiphone-and-usb-drive-together/ I assume it is the same, but was hoping somebody might have unit specific experience.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...