AVIC411.com

X930BT Password Issue

Hello all. I've had the 930BT for about 5 months now. I bought a new car, and installed it today in my new car. FIRST TRY when I turned it on, it asked for my password (which I know, and confirmed it's correct using test mode), but all keys were grayed out and I could not enter anything. Disconnected power, checked all wiring, and tried again with no luck. Test mode functions fine, but this thing is locked for sure. Any ideas?

• 9 months later...

Hello all. I've had the 930BT for about 5 months now. I bought a new car, and installed it today in my new car. FIRST TRY when I turned it on, it asked for my password (which I know, and confirmed it's correct using test mode), but all keys were grayed out and I could not enter anything. Disconnected power, checked all wiring, and tried again with no luck. Test mode functions fine, but this thing is locked for sure. Any ideas?

I'm having this exact same issue. I turn it on and it goes to the "Enter Password" screen, but I cannot type on the touch screen and all of the letters on the keyboard are grayed out. Can you confirm that it was an incorrect wiring issue? Or was there something else going on that caused your system to lock? Any help is much appreciated.

Can you confirm that it was an incorrect wiring issue?
the OP will probably never see this, since he has not logged in since February.

how is yours hooked up? did you hook the parking brake wire up to anything? was it bypassed?

this would be the first place i would start looking, if you had it installed, then they need to look at it.

if it was bypassed, i would triple check to make sure that it was done right.

if it wasn't bypassed, you need to check to make sure that it is hooked up to the right wire and it functions properly.