AVIC411.com

F90BT Constantly rebooting

Hi, new guy here. I ran across this site while doing a search for the issue I am having. After a trip out of town, my AVIC unit keeps rebooting.

There is no disruption in music playing from the radio it just keeps resetting. I have read through a few entries here. It is not just while moving and since the sound is uninterrupted I don't think it is a short. I am running the latest firmware from Pioneer. I think it's 2.0080 which was done over a year ago.

I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

I had the same thing happen to my F90Bt. I called Pioneer and the first thing he asked me was did I have the parking brake bypass (he said that's why is did the endless reboot thing(?). He said to send it to Pioneer in Long Beach and $230 for a flat fee fix. Well instead I scoured AVIC411 and found reference to FX3.1.rar. So, after many failed attempts, and much reading, I was finally able to download and decompress the FX3.1.rar file. After three tries in the truck, I finally deleted the files in the device's "Flash Disk", and replaced those files with the "Flash Disk" files in FX3.1.rar. Well it works!! I almost fell out of the truck, me being a virgin hacker (haha), but now the F90BT works fine. The street detail labels on the gps maps are no longer there, but I knew that when I did the overwrite. Otherwise it was send Pioneer my money, or have a black brick in my truck's dashboard. I'm happy as hell, it plays DVD on the fly, no more "nag screens", works great! This whole .rar and winrar thing was all very new to me, at first I didn't know what the hell the threads were talking about. After going to the Pirate Bay website where the FX3.1 file was hosted, I did some reading and was able to download it. So if you are the type to risk bringing up the Testmode on your AVIC, FX3.1 will bring your unit back to life. I've had my unit for about four years, with the brake bypass on it. It works fine until I loaded the 2.008 upgrade from Pioneer. After that, it started to nag me about an incorrect wiring mod, and wouldn't work for DVD on the fly, or GPS changes on the fly. I had to stop, put it in park to watch a movie, or change destinations. So I just let sleeping dogs lie, but last week it went into the endless loop of "system re-boot", and I could only get the radio for about 2 min. Well I'm glad I researched this site, and thanks to the hackoids who came up with the FX3.1 fix. Overall, with the initial cost ($800), installation ($300), and the map upgrade ($130), well that's was a lot of cash to be stuck with "Big Brick". I would recommend the fix, but you run the chance of screwing it up completely if you don't follow closely the directions.

• 2 weeks later...

hi lancer1, just read your post and am in the same boat. though I cannot get pirate bay to work as I too am a virgin hacker. I was wondering if I could get that Fx3.1.rar from you, an installation advice of the software. it would suck to lose the street names but its better that then the alternative. ANY help would be great right now I have an expensive black brick in my dash that is driving me nuts

Slickdeuce,

send your email address and I'll PM you. I had to download MIRO, in order to download the FX3.1 file, then had to "unzip" it with winrar. If you download MIRO, add the Piratebay to the sources tab so you can download the FX3.1.rar file. If you get that far, I can try to help guide you through the overwrite. I saved a copy of the procedures, so I could attach it to an email and send it to you. That might help. OK? I'll check later for your email address.

Slickdeuce, I forgot to mention that the detail street labels are only gone while the GPS is actually guiding me to a destination. While just in Map mode, they read like always. It really is almost better, because the turn by turn directions guide you, and you are not distracted by street labels that don't apply to your destination. I'm very happy with the FX3.1, it seems to work better now than ever, and I've saved the file to a 2GB SD card strictly for that purpose. I think the file is too big for me to just send you, that's why they host it as a .rar file. Sound confusing? It sure was for me, but like I said, I had to discipline myself to read word for word the download instructions. Also, on the pirate bay, there is a link that talks about how to download the .rar files. But I am willing to try to help you if I can. I'm no expert, but I finally got it to work.