AVIC411.com

X930BT auto switch to iPod

Setup: X930BT latest firmware, 51V cable connected to ProClip passthru mount, iPhone 4 currently on iOS4.

So, if listening to say FM and then phone is put in dock (connected to cable) the input automatically switches to iPod and starts playing. Same thing if phone is already in cradle, listening to FM then phone is removed and then replaced in cradle.

Question is - Is there a way to prevent the 930BT from automatically switching inputs when phone is connected? Wife is complaining that it is getting very annoying to have to switch input back to whatever she was listening just because she dis/reconnected phone. I've looked at all settings I could find and did not see anything to control this behavior. It would make sense to allow the user to control that. Ideas?

Why would you plug the phone into the cable unless you wanted to listen to the ipod? Mine automatically starts ipod unless I have Pandora started on my phone before I plug it in then Pandora starts automatically. If you dock it to charge it then a standard car charger works faster and better for the said purpose.

you do have to remember, these units were designed to be used with ipods first and formost, iphone compatibilty was an after thought. since iphones should be paired with bluetooth, the intended user shouldn't be plugging and unplugging their phone constantly, the only time they should be plugging it iin is when they want to listen to music from the phone. any user outside of the norm, should not be surprised when their use causes small inconviences.

also, has anyone thought that maybe this is pioneer's way of telling you to stop f'ing with your phone, and focus more attention to driving?