AVIC411.com

New Unit - 930BT

Bought my 930BT on boxing day for $699.99 which I thought was a fair price ... marked down from $999.99. I also considered a Sony unit but it did not seem up to the pioneer quality. I went with the 930BT.

Had it installed today - paid a pro however. Its in my 2001 Ford Escape ... originally only a 1.5 DIN ... there was some surgery involved to put it in but I think it looks great.

I did mention to him about the bypass ... and requested he do it, but he did not and while the DVD video works when I'm in drive and moving slowly, once I hit a certain speed i.e 15km/h it will blank out with the error message.

The navigation appears to have all functionality while in drive, but does display a warning upon start up.

Few photos of the finished product. Although I'd like to still bypass it. He was worried the bypass would somehow CORRUPT the software? maybe he's just high.

post-58939-0-73822100-1325883295_thumb.jpg

post-58939-0-02111000-1325883320_thumb.jpg

post-58939-0-06317600-1325883401_thumb.jpg

post-58939-0-67011100-1325883451_thumb.jpg

The bypass won't corrupt the software, but if you use the device while moving and get in an accident, then the installer and the company could become liable for damages. Given the amount of people that sue in the USA, I'd think twice myself if I was an installer...and then probably not do it.

I live in Canada :) .. we don't have as much ramped sueing on each other. But I'm sure its possible and highly illegal.

Anyways... I called him back today and let him know I wasn't quite satisfied. He told me he would call his pioneer "tech support" guy and inquire. So next week I'll be taking it back ... hopefully for the bypass and to have the iPod connection cord re-run thru the centre console instead of the glove box.

I also told him I would accept full responsibility if the unit malfunctions.

Though after viewing the bypass videos it seems very easy and straight forward - i still do not feel comfortable doing it myself.

And whats with this - after moving the wire one spot up, it may not make proper connection? and could take a second jiggle to make connection?