AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT GPS/NAV Problems

I just installed my new AVIC-X930BT in my 2007 Subaru STi.

Everything seems to work except the GPS and NAV. It started me in LA (I am in NJ) and the map/position never changed even though I drove around for about 10 minutes.

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

The antenna is flat/level on top of a metal structural piece behind and above my radio.

I was getting some satellite quantities but my status always said "sensor initializing".

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I had my antenna under the dash in my 2004 Tahoe. I was on a metal brace right under the thin plastic dash. The initial position took a long tim and when I was driving I was ofter shown as in the woods etc. I thought my position was ideal but after talking to Crutchfield they mention I often need 2 satellites for accurate reference. When I needed that second satellite my metal roof was blocking the satellite view when the satellite was behind me.

Based on their recommendation I moved the antenna to the roof and things have been much better. Accurate and a good signal from multiple satellites.

Put your on the roof for 10 minutes or so and see if it acknowledges your postion. If it does mount the antenna up there the easiest way possible.