AVIC411.com

AVIC-N2 Screen getting stuck !

Hi,

My N2 was working just fine until yesterday when I tried to open the screen and it only came out about an inch and just stayed like that! So I gently pulled it out a little bit more and pressed the OPEN/CLOSE button - it came out all the way and worked fine.

So I try to close it after that and it did the same thing - it folded down correctly but went into the headunit with about an inch sticking out!

Any ideas what the problem might be? Do you guys suspect that it might be the ribbon cable that Pioneer is now replacing?? Did not send mine in yet ...

Thanks Guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Well not to prove you guys wrong or anything but I went ahead and sent the unit to Pioneer and come to find out, it was NOT a mechanical problem but the flex cable doing that! It makes sense now to me because I did notice that the flex cable is the only cable going to the screen which means it does control the motors on the screen assembly as well.

Well anyways, I must compliment Pioneer on their very fast and professional manner in which they handled my flex cable upgrade. They also cleaned the unit, because I noticed the screen was spotless when I got it back (my fingerprints were all over it when I sent it in, but it was broken so I did not care much lol). Also I noticed the gear assembly is much quieter now.

Well that's my 2c on this. My N2 is up and running just great now :)