AVIC411.com

AVIC-x930BT Rear View Camera Issue/Help

Hi all,

I am a new owner of the x930BT (which I love) but am currently having issues getting the rear view camera to work.

Whenever the camera is plugged into the brown rear view camera input on the unit, the camera would not turn on when I switch the gear on reverse. However, when I plugged it into the yellow video input, I am able to view it if I am on the AV mode on the unit and when I put the gear in reverse. Once I am out of reverse, the camera comes off. (The wire is connected to the tail light that would come one when the gear is in reverse).

My question is, did anyone else come across this issue? Was there a setting I need to enable? (I went into the system settings > camera settings and turned the camera on, and toggled with both battery and gnd polarity settings). Could the brown rear view camera input be bad?

Thanks for all your help.

Tim

small-logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

this is a very simple problem to figure out, did you also connect the AVIC's purple/white wire to the wire in the tail light that you used to power the camera (or another suitable connection in the car)? if it is not connected the avic doesnt know when the car is in reverse and cannot switch to that input.

if it was hooked up right as described in the manual, and the problem IS that the brown input is bad, then when you shift into reverse, the screen would go black and just show the warning screen.