AVIC411.com

930bt iPod CDIU51V question

the facts:

Car: 2007 VW Passat Wagon

head unit: 930bt

iPod: latest IPod touch running ios5

Cable: Pioneer packaged CDIU51V from amazon.com

other: PAC C2R-VW2 radio replacement interface, PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel controller, Sirius radio

problem: installed radio ran USB/mini jack connector. Connected to CDIU51V cable.

Powered up, connected iPod touch

Verified av1 input was set to iPod.

Pioneer radio does not recognize or detect the ipod touch. Also tried hooking up a 160gb classic, same thing. I have rebooted the iPods, reset the pioneer to factory settings, and tried different orders of startup, connecting up. All attempts result in the head unit not recognizing the iPod.

It does show audio device disconnected and I hit the connect button but nothing happens other than an n screen prompt satig to connect device.m

While trouble shooting I have changed the setting of av1 to video and in that setting I am able to hear her iPod play but with non control or song info of course.

All other radio functions work.

This is m y first AVIC install so I am officially a newbie. I have owever researched this issue on this site prior to posting. Any and all help is appreciated.

mfullen

Yes. Actually plug the white cable that came with the iPod into the unit and see what happens. If the unit recognizes the iPod and gives you control you will know the Pio cable is defective. Replace it at that point.

Thanks again. I will try that tomorrow. Pioneer suggested I plug in a USB drive to make sure it is the cable.

When I installed mine the connection on the back on the 930 came loose and the cable did not recognize my ipod or iphone when connected to the 51v. I removed the head unit and removed the cable from the back of the 930 and reseated the cable. Once I did this my ipod appeared as an audio source. I kept it hooked up as I put the head unit back in to make sure it did not wiggle loose again. I has been good since. They should make this cable click into place.

An update: I bought a new cable at best buy, I tried a USB with mp3s and I tried the white apple cable. None of these options worked. As far as BGarv's suggestion above I have the radio out while doing this and I have attempted to reconnect the cable in the back of the head unit with no luck.

So a couple questions for the group.

1. Am I missing anything? Do I need to check voltage or anything else? Could anything else cause this?

2. If not, Pioneer says to send it back for repair even though the unit is brand new. I can exchange it from the authorized retailer I purchased it from much more quickly.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks all.