AVIC411.com

Iritating quirk or setting I'm missing?

So I've tried searching for this problem/anoyance, but havn't had any luck finding exactly what I am experiencing.

Here's what I have:

Stereo - x920bt

Cable - Pioneer CD-IU50V

Device - iPod Touch 32gb

Phone - Samsung Blackjack II (I know, I need to upgrade) - paired over bluetooth. Shouldn't be a factor.

I've been using this setup for close to a year and I seem to have had this frustrating inconsistent proplem for the whole time. It seems like most times I get into the car, turn the car on, and plug my iPod into the cable, the x920 will automatically switch to the ipod source and start playing the first song on the ipod. Now I love the fact that it switches to iPod when it recognizes the device, BUT,.. I hate that (almost) everytime I plug in my iPod I have to listen to the same song. As an example,.. Just before I got into the car I could be listening to ZZTop in my "Rock Favorites" playlist, but when I get in, turn on the car, and plug in the iPod,.. I'm stuck listening to Abba in 'All Music'. Is there a way to fix this? An order of plugging things in, a setting I missed, anything?

Thanks.

My ipod resumes just fine on it's own. Other than that, I'm not aware of any settings on the ipod or Avic that effect resuming music. On the other topic, when I get out of the car, I try to let the music stop playing and wait for the play indicatior on the ipod turn off before I unplug... but that doesn't appear to effect the problem.

So is that unique to me or is that a regular occurence?