AVIC411.com

Strange behavior avic 110 to 120

Well today while I was driving my avic-z110bt of 1 1/2 years started turning off and on,it was updated oh about 10 months ago with no problem today is the first day I had something strange go on. I have full faith in pioneer from home system to my car systems and believe me! I have 3 trucks with two avics and a regular single din cd player but anyway with the turning on off problem I experience today I was sorta worried I thought it was a bad wire, it would turn off come back on I would push ok and it would be fine for about 5 min and repeat for thirty miles.i stopped at autozone and pulled my + battery terminal off to see if I could maybe reset something inside but no luck.. Well I noticed that if I didn't hit the (OK) on the screen it would not turn off it would just stay on the ok screen playing the last music that it turned off with,I could still use hands free. I think it could be something with booting up process can anyone give me any input? Thanks

My Bluetooth is making my avic z120bt reboot it self anyhelp?

I'm guessing you determined that because when your phone connects, the HU reboots? So, it you disable BT in the HU settings (or disable BT on your phone), it doesn't reboot? What is the BT software version you are running? What HU app software? ( 1.0, 1.001, 2.0, 2.003, 3.0, 3.001?).

Your previous post made it sound like it was fine if you didn't hit "OK". Is that no longer true? That was leaning toward a problem with NAV or gps. Now it's BT???

At this point its hard to tell if it is an installation/environmental problem or a hardware/software issue. Need more info.

I'm guessing you determined that because when your phone connects, the HU reboots? So, it you disable BT in the HU settings (or disable BT on your phone), it doesn't reboot? What is the BT software version you are running? What HU app software? ( 1.0, 1.001, 2.0, 2.003, 3.0, 3.001?).

Your previous post made it sound like it was fine if you didn't hit "OK". Is that no longer true? That was leaning toward a problem with NAV or gps. Now it's BT???

At this point its hard to tell if it is an installation/environmental problem or a hardware/software issue. Need more info.

Thanks for the response yes I narrowed it don't to me iPhone bt connecting to the unit if I turn off my bt everything seems to be fine I'm running 2.0 should I update?

So you've updated the software to "Z120-BT".What is your BT version? Go to Settings/Bluetooth Settings/Firmware Update. It will tell you the current version. I think it should be 3.11 - installed from SD2 in the CNSD-110FM upgrade. There was a minor fix after CNSD-110BT (2.003) released by Pioneer. Not sure what it fixes. Here are the installation instructions. Be sure to see "Before Updating" for instructions on finding your current Application Version.

Instructions for AVIC-Z120BT 2.003000.pdf

OK, your BT is correct for that App version. If 2.003 doesn't fix it (or if you are already on 2.003), you can try installing CNSD-210FM (Z130 comparable), then install BT v3.22. If that doesn't fix your problem, I donno, must be hardware problem.