AVIC411.com

Z120 Stolen - Z130 or wait for Z140

I called pioneer and they told me you cannot speak your destination to the unit. They removed it. I don't know why they did that but they did. Call Pioneer and they will tell you. You can even go to Pioneer's website and it is not checked off when you do a comparison.

• 2 months later...

Old topic that I'm breathing life into....

I'm still on a Z120 and have been in my GTI for a year and a half. Overall. I'm disappointed. Like most of you, the Bluetooth and the VR is effectively useless. I haven't paired in ages and I don't talk to my radio.

My other chief complaint is the resistive touch screen. I hate it.

I suppose I'm high and dreaming to ask, has Pioneer done anything with actual hardware in the HU? Is a capacitive screen too much to ask for? I don't suppose Bluetooth has been addressed? It's been reported that some, not all, of the Z130 users saw any BT improvement.

Until then? I may be getting a new ride soon. Let's see what a new Acura can do now.

After seeing the new Maps app that will come with iOS 6 I can say that it is clear Pioneer will soon be out of the navi business and they should be. And the App Radio has a capacitive touch screen and this is likely the way Pioneer will focus in the future if they are smart.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the new Maps app that will come with iOS 6 I can say that it is clear Pioneer will soon be out of the navi business and they should be. And the App Radio has a capacitive touch screen and this is likely the way Pioneer will focus in the future if they are smart.

The iOS 6 mapping software lags behind Google notably according to early reviews, so I think they are saved for a while. I don't see any features that Pioneer doesn't have that others do, I should add. With that said, Pioneer needs to add Google Navigation compatibility for Android and I would be all over the AppRadio 2.