AVIC411.com

How to load movies onto SD Card

Hi all!

Been reading a lot of your posts, and haven't found a result so hope I am not being redundant here..

I have searched the internet, youtube etc. and CAN-not find a simple explanation..

I have some movies on my computer, Divx file, Avi file.. I put an SD card in the computer dragged and dropped..

went to the car, loaded up, put it in and.. nothing ( the SD card doesnt even come up on the screen)

came back to the appartment..re-formated the SD card on my MAC

put the tv shows on their.... went back down to the car..loaded it up...

and...nothing!..

So I am at a loss, I see advice for people with PC's and the only thing I have learnt is that when i tried to open pictures from the SD it said to file it a certain way..so maybe thats it ?

Hope there is a simple solution, was looking forward to throwing some tv shows on their for my traffic journeys...

Thanks in advance guys, NEWB to the Z130BT ..

post-60110-0-24284400-1327737425_thumb.png

thanks for getting back so quick, I have realised that it was in fact because it was an 'mkv' file. The 'avi' file i just put on works fine!

The quality did not seem great, is that down to the SD card? At the shop they tried to sell me a level 10 card? The one I am using is a '6'..

• 4 weeks later...

Look in the manual for a better explanations, but I will attempt to help. The resolution does not appear to be an issue (just may look funny)... but the main issue is the Codec used, maximum bitrate, and frames per second (FPS). the X930BT has these listed in the manual in page 214. I use MPEG Stramclip (by Squared 5) to get youtube videos onto my SD Card. It allows you to select those factors I mentioned above... You can also use this software to convert other videos to the correct codec, etc.

I generally use the MPEG4 setting and the program then uses the H.264 codec. I then click the box for a maximum bitrate of 384 kbps and select 30 FPS. It works well. The waulity may be better if you tweak even more. I do not mess with the resolution and the videos appear fine.

• 2 weeks later...